Monday, June 16, 2008

Oops I'm a go, Nails like whoa

Sphere: Related Content Everybody knows you gotta keep the nail game strong, but when you are an ADD nail-biter like me its hard to keep your head from exploding at the nail salon. I hate walking into a packed salon and not being able to do anything but either sit or waddle for at least an hour.




I'd rather pop into Rite Aid, a random beauty supply store, hell Shop Rite for that matter, and get me a pack of glue on jump offs!




Now I know some of you are hatin' right now but don't knock it till you try it. I like my nails flashy-n-classy but they have a little something for everybody. I usually use "Kiss" or "Revlon" brand because of the quality but "Fingrs" always has that little bit of pizzaz that says "Alas, I am still an avid fan of Jem."




If you are a little more adventurous/creative, you can create your own personal masterpiece set with clear nails that can be filed down or left long and painted. They usually come in a huge set which allows for more uses then pre-painted/filed sets.

This nail glue came with the prepainted set and works ok but I prefer a stronger glue made by "Revlon" or "Kiss". They come in squat little jars rather then thin tubes and are usually a stronger hold so you don't have to be afraid of your nail popping off in the swimming pool or in that hot guy's hair.



Three essentials for nail creation: Acetone, Cottonballs and Nail Quick Dry Spray. Because you will screw up and you will wish that shit would dry faster. My spray smells like baby powder...ahhh

I also like to keep a couple of cheap files around as well as a cuticle trimmer and pusher so it doesn't look scragly and half ass.



Here are a couple of polishes I use. They rock.






So please...don't tell me your broke, can't stand being in public spaces for long periods of time without your paxil or don't like to tip. Head down to the store, pick yourself up a package of glue ons (not those weird tab thingys) and step up your nail game before I buy up all the damm nails in the place.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to take your press on nail advice!

Choice bit of Calico said...

Awesome...seriously it saves me so much time. I'd say they last me about a good two weeks if they are a quality brand and I keep strong nail glue handy for the occasional "pop off". Another good tip is to apply clear gloss over the tops if they get dull from wear and tear.

Anonymous said...

Finally got around to trying the nails - love them, cheap, easy to do and I didn't have to wait around while a chinese guy attacked my hands or some hispanic lady looked down her nose at me! Awesome!