Thursday, July 31, 2008

Adult Swim Has Officially Made Love to my Eardrums

Sphere: Related Content

So I love Adult Swim. Maybe it's the genius, joke filled "bumps" they air during commercial breaks. Maybe I'm just a cartoon loving geek.


Adult Swim has always had an awesome program line up featuring shows like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Bleach, Voltron, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, and my favorite, Robot Chicken.

They once renamed the network "crappy 1980's live action TV show network" and proceeded to air eight episodes of Saved by the Bell over the course of two weeks in response to a post on adultswim.com.

Now that's funny. Not only is it funny, but it's great marketing. Every time I've watched since, I find myself thinking "gotta check out that website."

After spending most of today repeatedly checking my inbox to see if I got an email from a company I'll call "ABC," confirming my future employment with them, I decided that I needed to chill the hell out and check out the site before I chewed my freaking nails off.

The site is a pure sensory overload, but I decided to start in the games section. After playing "5minutes to kill (yourself)" till I finally did, I decided to check out the music section.

Simply captioned "Put these in your earholes," the section consists of diverse compilations of music ranging from hip hop, trip hop to indie rock. What's the best thing you ask?

It's all compiled on ready to play track listings that you can listen to and embed on your blog or Myspace page.

The cover art is sick and the players match the compilations making for some refreshing eye-candy as well.

On top of that, everything is awesome and everything is underground.

Adult Swim teamed up with the Ghostly International record label to create my personal fave, Ghostly Swim, described by the label as

"A genre-busting 19-song collection...[which] explores the Avant-Pop style that the Ann Arbor/New York City label has been been championing for the past 9 years. Ghostly Swim features artists like Matthew Dear, Dabrye, Tycho and Aeroc and features new signings like UK cult band The Chap and NYC producer Michna... School Of Seven Bells, and Detroit’s Deastro, Milosh (Plug Research), FLYamSAM (Warp’s Flying Lotus and SAMIYAM), and Dark Party (Mush). Along with the new music, BoyCatBird (Ghostly’s mascots) make their animated debut in the awesome “City Suckers” video by Daniel Garcia/Superfi."

Click to check it out here.

No comments: