Saturday, July 12, 2008

New Poetry: Emergency

Sphere: Related Content I started reading out of a folder that has many of my creative"works in progress" and I put together a piece of poetry developed out of an old unfinished poem I wrote on a scrap of paper some years ago and a couple of different lines I wrote for writing exercises. Let me know what you think:

Emergency

In case of an emergency,
I scan people on the train car.
The beggar there; the screaming child,
may meet with me again some day.
I might need to know those faces.

Once, I heard that God cast extras
in the feature film we call Life.
They are the constants in your day,
out of focus, as you listen
to music, voiding your mind numb.

One day, it will all go quiet.
The mouths will gape open and sound
like scratched record vinyl jumping
back with a heavy pop, until
there is just crackling in the dark.

© 2008 Christina DeJesus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it, that is amazing! I was there with you on the train for this poem, good job.